Trash & Recycle
Residential Garbage Guidelines
Residential collection days are Tuesday and Fridays. Trash must be placed at the curb, or near the garage door (visible from the street), by 7:00 a.m. No trash shall be placed at curb for collection except on the designated trash days. Up to six (6) cans/bags of properly contained household waste, each weighing less than 40 pounds will be accepted for weekly pickup.
RRRTx will collect heavy trash including furniture, mattresses, appliances, yard waste, bulky items, and tree trimmings each Friday with your regular garbage. Bagged yard waste will be picked up. Tree trimmings must be less than 3” in diameter, cut into 4-foot lengths and tied neatly in bundles not to exceed 40 pounds. There is a limit of one bulk item per household per day. Yard waste, and bulk items must be placed curbside for collection. No refrigerant items will be collected.
Bulk items which are too large for RRRTx to put in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request. The Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of item(s).
Household Hazardous Waste
It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and dispose of it in a landfill. RRRTx will NOT collect medical waste, toxic or radioactive waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of carpet or any construction type material or debris). Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), large sofas and sleepers over five (5) feet in length, furniture with metal frames and other metal items, and improperly contained animal waste (animal waste must be placed in a sealed bag to be serviced).
Excluded Liquid Waste – Toxic or radioactive waste, Freon, paint, acids, petroleum products or filters are not accepted, cooking oil, or chemicals of any kind.
Any CFC (Freon) item must be properly tagged by a certified technician that all Freon has been properly removed in accordance with the Federal Clean Air Act regulations. If items are not tagged, they will be left at curb.
Please call Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Collection at (281) 560-6200 for questions pertaining to household hazardous waste.
Holiday / Route Time
- RRRTx observes the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- If an observed holiday falls on a regularly scheduled service day, there will be no service that day. Service will resume on the next scheduled collection day following the holiday.
- RRRTx shall perform collection services designated herein between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. except when reasonably determined that an exception is necessary in order to complete collection on an existing collection route due to unusual circumstances or emergency.
- Missed collection due to failure of resident to place container out in time for pick up will result in service date for missed items being the next scheduled pick up day.
- Missed collection due to RRRTx error, container will be serviced within twenty four (24) hours.
- Missed collection due to acts of God, weather, flooding, or events beyond RRRTx’s control will be collected on the next scheduled service day, or as soon as possible when conditions are safe to resume service.